2015 contest now accepting entries! Entry deadline is Monday, November 16, 2015. Reminder - Limit of 2 entries per person.
Contest co-sponsored by City of Diamond Bar and the Diamond Bar Community Foundation
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Eligibility - Contest is open to Diamond Bar residents of all ages and photographers of all skill levels. Entrants will be separated into two divisions, Youth (17 years & younger) and Adult (18 years & older).
Subject Categories - • People • Pets • Places • Nature • Digitally Altered
How to Enter
- A separate entry form must accompany each submission. Entry forms are available at City Hall, 21810 Copley Drive; the Diamond Bar Center, 1600 Grand Avenue; and online at www.DiamondBarCA.gov/photocontest.
- MAIL entry form along with labeled DVD or CD to Diamond Bar City Hall, Through My Lens Contest, 21810 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765.
- EMAIL entry form along with electronic file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit only one entry per email.
- Example of digital file size: 9”x7.25” @ 300 dpi. If you are unsure of settings, set camera to highest quality available.
- Preferred file format is jpg or jpeg. Formats not accepted are: gif, png, or bmp.
- With the exception of the Digitally Altered category, photos cannot be altered in any way utilizing Photoshop or comparable programs.
- Free to enter and open to Diamond Bar residents only.
- Entrants may enter up to two categories and may submit only one entry per category.
- Entry may be submitted once in one category.
- Age determined at time of submission. Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Entries must be photographed within Diamond Bar city limits, must not be previously published and must be suitable for publishing by the City.
- Entries may be in either color or black and white.
- City reserves the right to reassign entry to alternate category or reject entries based on criteria.
- No print photo entries accepted. Only electronic files on DVD, CD or via email will be accepted.
- Electronic file name must include entrant’s first initial, last name, category, and division, i.e.: JSmithNatureYouth.jpg and entry form as JSmithNatureYouthForm.jpg.
- The City reserves the right to reject any entry deemed not suitable for consideration due to objectionable content such as the use of profanity, nudity, drug, alcohol, or tobacco use, or cruelty to persons or animals.
Prizes - Winning entries will:
- Receive recognition by the Diamond Bar City Council and the Diamond Bar Community Foundation Board at a regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
- May be featured as part of the City’s Calendar and Services Guide, website, newsletter, Government Access channel and social media pages, Diamond Bar Community Foundation’s Windmill magazine and website, and in other ways to promote the City and the Through My Lens contest.
- Be awarded cash prizes in each division category as follows: Honorable Mention: $50, First Place: $100, and Grand Prize: $150.
Deadline - All entries must be received by City Hall offices or via email no later than Monday, November 16, 2015. Confirmation email will be sent as receipt of entry.
Questions - Contact the Public Information Division at 909.839.7057 or email email@example.com